A comprehensive list of the best Artificial Intelligence Podcasts
Podcasts are an excellent way for small business owners to learn more about artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain.
Not only do podcasts take less effort than reading, but they can also be listened to as you go about your daily life of commuting, working, and running errands.
Podcasts are also a great way to keep up to date with the latest happenings in the world of AI as they often search for and discuss current events.
But not all podcasts are created equal, especially if you’re listening as a small business owner who is looking to figure out what technology you need to add to your business and what you can ignore.
So in that spirit, I have compiled a list of:
The Top 10 Artificial Intelligence Podcasts For Small-Business Owners:
- Data Skeptic. Hosted by Kyle Polich, Data Skeptic is a great podcast to listen to for small business owners because of the format of the show. The show alternates between short episodes that explain pretty advanced or new concepts with more extended interviews with researchers and practitioners. They also have some mini-episodes hosted by Linh Da Tran who is possibly Kyle’s Girlfriend? I enjoyed their recent episodes on the spread of fake news!
2. Linear Digressions. I like linear digressions, a lot because it offers a mix of extremely advanced topics like the recent episode on Shapely values but also offers directly applicable advice like their episode on how to find new things to learn. I also really like the hosts Ben and Katie. But the thing that makes Linear Digressions so great for small-business owners is that they often look at things like whether or not $250 Nike shoes make you run faster which shows a lot of unique and exciting ways to use data science for different means.
3. The AI Podcast. Created by AI industry powerhouse Nvidia, the AI podcast covers broader more meta AI questions as well as the latest in AI news. As with all podcasts or media created by a company with skin in the game, you need to take all the information presented about Nvidia with a grain of salt, and they often have their employees on the show. But of the corporate podcasts, this is the best one!
4. The O’Reilly Data Show. I know, I know, the name is super controversial and political, but the O’Reilly data show is non-partisan (at least as far as I can tell) and explores fascinating business-related topics about Data Science, AI, and Machine Learning. A wide variety of experts often host the shows and look at such issues as how to manage risks in models you don’t understand which is kind of something every business owner thinking about AI should pay attention to.
5. Talking Machines. Human Conversations about machine learning is the tagline for Talking Machines which is a little more advanced than most of the pods on this list. The reason that I included Talking Machines is that it provides a massive amount of supplementary materials from white papers to case studies on things like facial recognition and other emerging AI tech. If you want to stay on the cutting edge of all things ML, then this is the podcast for you.
6. Learning Machines 101. Learning Machines 101 is a really beginner look at all things AI. Learning Machines aims to answer questions such as how does AI work, where does it come from, and how can we make them better. One of the coolest things about Learning Machines 101 is that they offer monthly emails and even downloads of software to practice machine learning on. While it is a bit more technical than the other podcasts if you want to get your hands dirty with ML, this is the pod for you!
7. Partially Derivative. Ok, so yes Partially Derivative did go off the air in September of 2017. But that doesn’t mean that there isn’t still a lot to be learned in the archive of the show. Plus this is the only data podcast I have ever heard where they sometimes record while drinking. It’s fun and informative and if you want to learn without it getting too heavy listen to a few back episodes of Partially Derivative.
8. Datahack Radio. One of the newest entrants into the AI podcast space, Data Hacks is the company podcast of Analytics Vidhya. There are only five episodes so far, but I have been impressed by their episodes on building a high-quality data team and being a woman in data science. Worth checking them out through all the previous caveats about corporate podcasts apply here as well.
9. Artificial Intelligence In Industry. Hosted by Dan Faggella AI in industry features interviews with data scientists and AI researchers from the biggest companies in the world routinely interviewing people like Paul Martino from hedge fund Bullpen Capital. AI in the industry is one of the best podcasts for hearing about How AI is being used in the business world at all levels.
10. TWIMLAI. Last and certainly not least and in no way a podcast I just threw on here to make the list ten instead of 9 we have TWIMLAI or This week in machine learning and AI. TWIMLAI brings you the most recent stories in AI and ML as well as a variety of interviews with experts on specific subjects. Of all the pods on this list, this is probably the LEAST business-owner focused
Ok, that’s going to wrap up my list of the 10 Best Podcasts For Small Business Owners!
I am confident that there is something for everyone on this list no matter what your level of expertise or experience is.
Let me know in the comments what other podcasts you love in the world of AI.