You may not think you need to step up the online marketing for your plastic surgery practice, but this article will show you why you’re wrong….
Is your online marketing and website up to date?
While not every practice has the capability or desire to become a household name like Dr Paul Nassif or Dr Terry Dubrow, you know that you need to get more patients in the door and that the world in general is moving online.
Many surgeons who have been practicing for 10, 20, or 30 years are hesitant to invest a lot of time or money into online marketing.
But the problem is the old ways of doing business are dying.
The practices and medspas that survive will be the ones that can adopt to the new marketplace where it’s no longer enough to just have a website or put up posts on social media a few times a week.
In order to succeed in 2017 and beyond you need to have a significant focus on online marketing.
8 Ways More Sophisticated Online Marketing Can Grow Your Plastic Surgery Practice:
- Lower Lead Costs. The first way that more sophisticated online marketing will help to grow your plastic surgery practice is through lowering your lead costs. Leads are extremely expensive for Plastic Surgeons and almost all of the offline options are going to cost you several hundred dollars per lead. Online you can consistently get quality leads of high value patients for 80-90% less money.
- Huge ROI. Most of the marketing done for plastic surgeons and medspas has a relatively low ROI or return on investment. With online marketing, my clients consistently see a 50-60% return on their investment month in and month out because of the variety of ways to get more leads online.
- Drip Marketing To Nurture the Leads. As you know the plastic surgery sales process is fairly long and informative as patients want to make sure they are ready for the procedure and have the best possible doctor they can afford. With online marketing you can nurture the leads by “dripping” information to them every few days to until they come in for a consultation. This is much less intrusive than calling every few days and allows patients to feel more comfortable and less like they are being pressured.
- Build your email list. In addition to generating new customers, online marketing allows you to capture new email addresses and names in order to build multiple email lists for different procedures or services and then drip the most relevant information to those prospects most interested in each procedure.
- Better SEO. The more online marketing you do, the easier it will be to find your website. Google looks at content created, relevance, and consistency in order to decide what is important when the end user is searching. Many forms of online marketing like blogging or podcasting create engagement and what’s known as “Brand Signals” which make you easier to find on Google as well.
- Build Authority and trust. When you create content and other marketing materials online, you gain authority and trust. The more articles, reviews, videos, testimonials, updates and pictures of your work online, the more easily a searcher can determine that you are the best at what you do.
- Free up more time for you and your staff. Another huge benefit to online marketing is automation. Once you have your lead capture pages and autoresponders set up, you never have to have your staff email a new patient or remind them of an appointment ever again.
- Get more patients in the door. Last but certainly not least your online marketing efforts will get new patients in the door! Many potential patients are too embarrassed to walk into a plastic surgeon’s office for a consultation. These same people have no problem typing search terms like botox, or rhinoplasty into Google in the safety of their own homes. The bottom line is that more people search for information about plastic surgery online than refer on word of mouth or any other source of patients.
Wow that was a lot of information!
Let’s quickly re-cap so that you don’t miss out on any of the benefits of online marketing for your plastic surgery practice.
I started off by asking you a simple question, is your online marketing up to date?
Those of you who answered yes right away probably left this blog post shortly afterwards, but the rest of you, need to really understand how big a mistake not actively focusing on online marketing for your plastic surgery practice actually is.
So to really drive the point home, let’s list 8 Ways More Sophisticated Online Marketing Can Grow Your Plastic Surgery Practice once more.
- Lower Lead costs. It’s just cheaper to focus online.
- Huge ROI. It’s the best investment of your marketing dollars as well
- Allows you to nurture leads. The sales process is long for plastic surgery procedures online marketing lets you take your time.
- Build your email list. If you don’t have an active email list of your patients you are missing out on a ton of easy money!
- Better SEO. Get found better online by marketing online, I know a genius concept.
- Authority and Trust. Remember that the potential patient is going to study up on you so you want to make sure that they only see stuff that makes you a trusted authority.
- Free up more time for you and your staff. Automation is a wonderful feature of online marketing not available offline that can free up your staff’s time for better uses.
- Get more patients in the door. Last but not least you can get more patients online than anywhere else.
And if you want to learn about the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to get more leads online Download My Free Report!
Hope that helps,