What Goes Through Your Head When You See The Words Content Marketing?
If you’re like most small business owners I work, with it’s a flash of recognition and a little pang of guilt as you recall reading about “Why Content Marketing Is Important” and remember that you haven’t actually created all that much content.
The problem is that you don’t understand how to create content that will actually get a response.
After all there’s only so many times you can write a blog post that only gets read twice before you start thinking it’s not worth your time.
That’s where this article comes in, because in it I’m going to show you 13 tools for creating AWESOME, engaging content that will leave your audience begging for more in record time.
Ready to get started?
12 Content Creating Hacks For Creating Killer Content That Converts!
1. Content Samurai. You probably already know that you need to be producing video content, but did you know that Youtube is currently the 2nd biggest search engine online? Video also leads to better Search Engine Optimization, higher user engagement, and most importantly increased conversions! But in the past video was expensive or time-consuming to create and required expensive equipment and editing skills. Not anymore! Now you can use Content Samurai to create incredible videos in minutes with 0 editing or video experience required. I personally use Content Samurai and it’s super simple and has a series of instructional videos which will help you start creating awesome high quality videos for your business in just a few minutes.
2. Periscope. Live streaming is one of the best ways to engage with your audience. I already explained the benefits of video in your marketing but live broadcasting adds an element of authenticity and allows you to show behind the scenes videos, do Q and As, and, make important announcements! Furthermore since Periscope is owned by Twitter, it seamlessly integrates with your account to broadcast to all your existing followers. I expect live streaming to be a HUGE revenue booster in 2017 and recommend you get on the bandwagon now!
Timeline pulls in media from other sources such as Twitter, Flickr, Youtube, and more. If I were to put my Jonstradamus hat on for a second
I would predict that in 2017 you start seeing timelines more and more frequently and they will become one of the new ways that content is curated in 2017.
4. Tap Influence- Tap Influence is a SaaS platform that automates your influencer marketing campaigns so that you never have to waste 2 weeks waiting for a “Youtube star” to return your emails.
Influencer marketing is a great way to build your brand and can lead to exponential results when it comes to getting followers. The problem is that influencers often vastly overestimate their worth, often do not keep detailed analytic information and are notoriously difficult to get ahold of. Enter Tap Influence which does all of that for you. Their opt in marketplace gives you instant access to thousands of high quality influencers with acceptance rates of over 80%. Tap Influence is by far the best way to do influencer marketing and the only way I recommend to my clients.
5. Discus. You’ve probably heard that you need to build a community around your website and blogs with user comments. Disqus is a fantastic FREE add on tool that handles both comments as well as native advertising. Did I mention it’s free? Disqus installs quickly and easily while matching the colors and design of your site. Over 70 languages are supported and it works on every device including Google AMP. Disqus is so powerful that it basically lead to the end of the formerly popular gossip site The Dirty when all of the commentators decided to make their own Disqus powered site and take their accounts over to ZW Nation which with no advertising or marketing at all was able to do OVER 1 million views is a little less than a year. Almost all of them from Disqus members.
What Could You Do With One Million views?
6. LIMK is a FREE content recommendation widget which will increase how long visitors stay on your website by recommending additional content. You know how after you watch a video on Youtube they automatically start playing another video they think you might like? LIMK does this for blog posts and other content on your website, and as we all know the more content a website visitor reads or watches the more likely they are to become a customer.
7. Pixelmator or Gimp – Articles with images recieve 94% more views than articles without according to marketing expert Jeff Bullas. However oftentimes when you are finding images for your articles they need to be enhanced, touched up or more. This leads to a lot of content creators spending hundreds of dollars on Photoshop which is notoriously difficult to learn. Instead of Photshop consider Pixelmator for Mac users or Gimp if you use a PC. Both of which can do 75% of the things you’ll actually need to do on Photoshop for a fraction of the cost. Trust me I wish I had known about these programs before I spent hundreds of dollars on Photoshop licenses and dozens of hours trying to learn the program. Learn from my mistake and save time and money with pixelmator or gimp.
No not this gimp…
8. Atomic Reach. Welcome to the future!
Atomic Reach is an artificial intelligence program that works with real time insights to maximize content performance. Atomic gives you an “Atomic Score” which tells you the minimum score you need to achieve in your writing in order to see an increase in engagement and readership. On average Atomic increases pageviews by 108%, unique views by 96% and time spent on your site by 65%. In addition Atomic reach, segments your audience from general to genius level readers to let you know who you should be writing for. If you want to get ahead of your competition in 2017, I highly recommend using Atomic Reach and taking advantage of the first AI program designed to help you create better content.
9. Stay Focused. We all want to manage our time better, especially when it comes to creating content and Stay Focused is an app that will help you with that! Stay Focused is based on the Pomodoro Technique a simple but extremely effective technique where you work in 25 minute spurts followed by a break.
Stay Focused also limits your ability to browse time wasting sites such as Facebook and Twitter. If you’re serious about putting in the time to create great content Stay Focused is a must have.
10. Trendspottr predicts emerging trends, viral content and key influencers for any topic all in real time. Trendspottr saves me HOURS of research each and every month by sending me emails about everything and anything that might be trending related to content marketing by location and language.
11. Headline Analyzer. 80% more people will read your Headline than will read the actual article which means that by default the headline or Title is the MOST important piece of any type of content you are producing. Luckily for you Co-schedule has created this FREE Headline Analyzer tool.
This awesome tool will allow you to type in the headline of any piece of content you’re considering creating and it will grade it on a 1-100 scale on its overall quality as well as it’s ability to bring in social shares, increased traffic and SEO value. Don’t create any content without running your title through the headline analyzer first!
12. Did you know that the average quiz gets shared 1900 times? Quizzes are a great EASY, and FAST way to get your content and brand out there and with Qzzr you can turn any of your high performing content into a quiz faster than you can finish this sentence. Qzzr is free and offers a wide array of quiz options from graded quizzes which are better for sharing (people like to share things they score well on) to outcome quizzes which are more likely to go viral.
Content is king!
And in 2017 content will continue to drive the conversation online.
If you are serious about growing your business online you need to create content and create a lot of it!
In this article we looked at 13 different tools you can use to create engaging, captivating content FAST from turning blog posts into videos with Content Samurai to using Qzzr to make viral sharable quizzes you can no longer use “I don’t have enough time” as an excuse to not create content.
You now have the knowledge inside of you to create content that your audience will love and share, I believe in you, but you have to believe in yourself and you have to know where to get started!
I know this list can seem overwhelming, so let me give you the same advice I’d give someone who was trying to eat an elephant, start with a small bite. As a homework assignment try out one of these tools this week (you can even start with one of the free ones so it won’t cost you anything) just start by creating one piece of content and before you know it you’ll be on your way to a whole new level of recognition and a ton of new customers.
I’d love to hear from you in the comments what is your favorite content creation tool?
P.S If you’d like to get a FAST start on the New Year and start to see BIG results, Fill out This Form for a FREE 10 minute Content Marketing Analysis for your website!